|| Warranty and considerations:
|Warranty Terms (Parts and Labor)
|Free Shipping to the Continental US?
Creek Evo50 CD Player
The EVOLUTION 50CD DAC and CD Player is part of a new generation of Creek
products, designed for digital connectivity and uncompromised flexibility.
Cosmetically the EVOLUTION 50CD is similar to the EVOLUTION 50A integrated
amplifier; its slim case and luxurious front panel is finished in either black
or silver brushed aluminium and deeply engraved. Also like the matching amp, the
EVOLUTION 50CD uses a custom soft push button arrangement that offers excellent
tactile feel. Each button is backlit with a white LED to clearly display usable
functions, for optimum user-friendliness.
This is the second Creek product to feature an Organic Light Emitting Diode
(OLED) display. This white on black display provides higher clarity and
resolution than a normal display. Display and button brightness levels can be
adjusted or blanked, via the remote handset.
Demand for Digital to Analogue Converters (DACs) has increased proportionally
to the demise of dedicated CD Players. To fully realise the potential sonic
benefits of streaming music files from a computer, asynchronous USB Class 2
audio support is vital. The USB circuit is modular to allow for future upgrades,
as the technology is constantly evolving.
The EVOLUTION 50CD is principally a high-end DAC, with built-in CD transport
and is not purely a CD Player. It can handle a total of six digital sources,
including CD, and it has two digital outputs, plus a Creek RC bus. In keeping
with the matching integrated amplifier, both balanced and un-balanced analogue
outputs are offered for maximum flexibility. Balanced outputs allow for long
Creek’s Senior Engineer, David Gamble, was responsible for the overall design
and development of the EVOLUTION 50CD, together with Dominik Peklo who consulted
on the digital architecture and development of the unique new CD transport and
In keeping with earlier Creek products, the EVOLUTION 50CD uses an
over-specified toroidal mains transformer, with separate windings for analogue
and digital circuitry and low magnetic field for excellent noise rejection.
Multiple low-impedance power supply capacitors and voltage regulators are used
to optimise the performance. Organic polymer capacitors are used in key analogue
and digital circuitry, plus high grade WIMA polypropylene capacitors are used in
the output filters.
This is the first Creek digital product to feature two top-of-the-range
Wolfson 24 Bit 192 kHz DAC ICs, running in double differential mode, to extract
the maximum possible performance. The EVOLUTION 50CD uses custom, low jitter,
clocks for top performance at all sample rates.
A plethora of inputs and outputs make the EVOLUTION 50CD one of the most well
equipped and seriously high-end DAC products on the market, despite its
The EVO system remote handset controls all the functions of the EVOLUTION 50
range, including the Amp, CD/DAC, Ambit Tuner and Ruby DAC. The EVOLUTION 50
range also has an optional IR extender to enable the products to be hidden away,
but still operable via remote control.
- Digital Inputs 2 x SPDIF, 24 Bit 192 kHz, transformer isolated
- 2 x Toslink, 24 Bit 192 kHz, optically isolated
- 1 x USB, 24 Bit 96 kHz, galvanically isolated
- No additional software drivers are needed.
- CD Transport Custom designed, ICE quality, CD slot-loader,
externally clocked for bit perfect performance
- SNR > 110dBA unbalanced
- Digital output 1 x SPDIF and 1 x Toslink optical output, pass-on all
- Digital filters Optional digital filters are selectable via the
- Analogue output 2 x RCA un-balanced, 2.0V RMS. 2 x XLR balanced
output, 4.0V RMS
- Audio buffering Op-amp audio buffering and filtering
- Output impedance 47 Ohms
- Power supply 25 Watt toroidal mains transformer with 3 separate
secondary voltage windings, with multi-cap power supply decoupling and
multiple ultra-low noise discrete power supply voltage regulators.
- RC Bus Input/output connection for external IR remote and serial
link to Evolution 50A.
- DAC type 2 x Wolfson WM8742, 24 Bit 192 kHz, double
- Input receiver WM8805, multichannel digital input receiver.
- Operating Voltages 100 – 120V/ 200 – 240V, Switchable
- Power Consumption 20 Watts (at idle)
- Weight 5.5kg
- Dimensions W/H/D 430 x 60 x 280mm
- Finishes Silver or black engraved front panels